CELESTRON - Astro Fi 102 mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope
- 102mm Maksutov-Cassegrain with fully coated glass optics
- Control your telescope via integrated WiFi using the free Celestron SkyPortal app for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Observe in no time with a quick and easy, no-tool setup.
- Accessories include: two eyepieces (25mm and 10mm), star diagonal, finderscope, and a NEW integrated smartphone adapter.
- Adjustable height tripod includes an accessory tray
Includes These Celestron Technologies
Celestron is not only changing the way we experience astronomy, but we're also changing the way you interact with the night sky. The Astro Fi 102 mm Maksutov-Cassegrain is a fully featured telescope that can be controlled with your smart phone or tablet using the free Celestron SkyPortal app. Celestron's SkyPortal app replaces the traditional telescope hand control for a 100% wireless experience. Just hold your smart device up to the night sky. When you find an object you'd like to view, tap the screen. Your Astro Fi telescope automatically slews to the object, while the screen displays information about it. It's never been more fun to explore the universe!
The Astro Fi 102 creates its own wireless connection, so it can communicate with your device even in remote locations where WiFi or cellular networks aren't available. Getting ready to observe is quick and painless thanks to Celestron's award-winning SkyAlign technology. Center any three bright objects in the eyepiece, and your telescope calculates its position. You can even generate a Sky Tour of all the best celestial objects to view based on your exact time and location.
TRUSTED CELESTRON OPTICS
Innovative WiFi technology powers the Astro Fi, but it's the optics inside the telescope tube that make it a Celestron. For over 50 years, we've led the industry in optical technology—and we put that experience into the Astro Fi 102. This 102 mm Maksutov-Cassegrain with fully coated optics offers dazzling views of craters on the Moon, the rings of Saturn, the Great Red Spot on Jupiter, the Orion Nebula, the Hercules Globular Cluster and so much more.
- Optical Design Maksutov-Cassegrain
- Aperture 102 mm (4.02")
- Focal Length 1325 mm (52.17")
- Focal Ratio 13
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm) 25 mm (0.98")
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1 53x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 (mm) 10 mm (0.39")
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2 132x
- Finderscope StarPointer
- Star Diagonal 1.25"
- Mount Type Single Fork Arm Computerized Altazimuth
- Accessory Tray Includes rubberized smartphone or tablet holder
- Tripod Aluminum
- Highest Useful Magnification 241x
- Lowest Useful Magnification 15x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude 12.5
- Resolution (Rayleigh) 1.37 arc seconds arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes) 1.14 arc seconds arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye) 212x
- Optical Coatings Fully-Coated
- Optical Tube Length 15"
- Total Telescope Kit Weight 13.6 lbs
- Slew Speeds Up to 3°/second
- Tracking Rates Sidereal, Solar, and Lunar
- Alignment Procedures SkyAlign, 3-Star Align, Solar System Align
- Communication Ports Aux port for optional hand control
- Database Over 120,000 objects including 220 of the best deep sky and solar system objects