CELESTRON - NexStar Evolution 6
- Explore the Universe and control your NexStar Evolution telescope with the free Celestron SkyPortal app for iOS and Android!
- Compact, portable 6-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain optical tube with StarBright XLT optical coatings
- Computerized GoTo mount with high-performance worm gears and motors for improved tracking accuracy, along with reduced gear backlash
- Rechargeable lithium-iron phosphate battery with enough power for 10 hours of continuous observing
- Improved industrial design with manual clutches and integrated carry handles, plus the added convenience of two accessory trays and a USB charge port for your smart device
Includes These Celestron Technologies
"This robotic WiFi telescope is the coolest app-cessory in the galaxy"
"5-star overall rating"
-BBC Sky at Night Magazine
Celestron's signature telescopes reach a new level with NexStar Evolution 6, the first Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope with integrated WiFi. Leave your hand control behind and slew to all the best celestial objects with a tap of your smartphone or tablet. Connect your device to NexStar Evolution's built-in wireless network, and explore the universe with the Celestron mobile app for iOS and Android.
Use the planetarium interface to view the night sky in real time or display a list of celestial objects currently visible based on your time and location. Our proprietary SkyAlign alignment procedure is built right into the Celestron mobile app, so you're ready to observe within minutes.
The most user-friendly telescope ever
Celestron engineers designed NexStar Evolution based on years of customer feedback. It offers many thoughtful design features that combine to provide you the best possible experience out under the stars.
Forget about batteries or an external power supply. For the first time ever on a consumer telescope, NexStar Evolution includes its own built-in battery. With this ultra-long life lithium-iron phosphate battery, you'll be able to enjoy stargazing marathons up to 10 hours on a single charge. You can even use NexStar Evolution's USB charge port to top off the other devices in your life that need to stay powered on during an observing session. An intelligent power management system senses when battery levels are low and goes into power-saving mode to keep your telescope running for as long as possible.
Setting up your NexStar Evolution is quick and painless with large, ergonomic handles. The all-metal tripod features a metal accessory tray with indentations for storing and carrying the tripod. During setup, leg etchings help you achieve a level, uniform height for your telescope. Manual clutches in both altitude and azimuth offer greater flexibility to manually point the telescope when powered off. Store up to 7 eyepieces in 2 accessory trays, one with an adjustable red LED illuminator.
Superior tracking fit for astroimaging
If you're interested in astroimaging, the 6-inch NexStar Evolution is an excellent, affordable way to get started. It's the only fork-mounted telescope in its price range that offers brass worm gears, along with improved motors. NexStar Evolution's tracking accuracy is so impressive, you can capture images of deep-sky objects like the Orion Nebula by simply attaching your DSLR camera. As you progress in the hobby of astroimaging, you can add our HD Pro Wedge to achieve longer exposures for more detailed astrophotos. NexStar Evolution compatible with the wedge when used with the CPC tripod (sold separately).
Of course, the Schmidt-Cassegrain optical system offers bright, sharp views with StarBright XLT optical coatings—a great choice for visual observers and budding astroimagers alike.
NexStar Evolution is equipped with 4 auxiliary ports--2 on top of the fork and 2 on the bottom. A classic NexStar+ hand control is included, but is not necessary when using NexStar Evolution with the mobile app. The telescope also includes a StarPointer finderscope, two 1.25” Plossl eyepieces, a 1.25” star diagonal, and an AC adapter.
- Optical Design Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Aperture (mm) 150 mm
- Focal Length 1500 mm
- Focal Ratio 10
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 40 mm
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1 38x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 13 mm
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2 115x
- Finderscope StarPointer
- Star Diagonal 1.25"
- HIghest Useful Magnification 354x
- Lowest Useful Magnification 21x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude 13.4
- Resolution (Rayleigh) 0.93 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes) 0.77 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye) 459x
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction 55.88 mm (2.2")
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area 14%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter 37%
- Optical Coatings StarBright XLT
- Optical Tube Length 16"
- Mount Type Single Fork Arm Altazimuth
- Tripod Stainless steel
- Power Requirements Internal battery included
- Max Slew Speed 4°/ second
- Tracking Rates Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Alignment Procedures SkyAlign, 3-Star Align, Solar System Align
- Communication Ports 1 hand control and 3 aux ports for optional accessories
- Evo App Database Over 120,000 including 220 of the best deep sky and solar system objects
- USB Charge Port Yes